Friday, October 5, 2012

Youth Pastor Confessions



In pattern of being honest in the last few postings, I thought I would continue but turn the attention to the minister rather than the students...


Sometimes I triple check to see if there is anything new on Facebook, Twitter, or my email before I start a task that I know I need to get done. Sometimes I wait to look over a new resource until I need to go to the bathroom, and take it with me as reading material. Sometimes I stay in there so long flipping through stuff my legs fall asleep. Maybe I should stop wasting so much time online.

Sometimes I get annoyed with elderly people visiting the office because they will stop me to chat right when I'm in the middle of a project. Sometimes I will be strategic about when I go make copies because I know the secretary will ask me to help her with a computer related issue. Sometimes I realize that I am a complete stranger to some people and I wonder what they think because I'm never around. Maybe I should be more intentional about being part of the office.

Sometimes I ignore text messages from needy kids that I know but aren't in our youth group.
Sometimes I don't spend time checking up on kids who have missed a few weeks because they aren't "core" students. Sometimes I remember that Jesus has a really big flock, and he cares even about the one. Maybe I should stop acting like an elitist.


What is your confession?

No comments:

Post a Comment