Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Return of Tommy

A student walks into your office in the middle of the day. It's your "favorite" home school teenager, Tommy...

TOMMY: Hey!

YOUTH PASTOR: Oh, hey Tommy. How's it going?

TOMMY: Oh pretty good, just up here with mom again for her ladies Bible Study.

YOUTH PASTOR: Well that's cool. What...

TOMMY: OOH! Is that bowl of candy free?

YOUTH PASTOR: Well not the whole thing...

(Tommy grabs hand full)

YOUTH PASTOR: but you are welcome to some if you like.

TOMMY: (shoveling two fun sized Snickers in his mouth) This is so great, my mom never lets me have this much candy. She says it gets me all wound up.

YOUTH PASTOR: Well maybe you should save some for later then.

TOMMY: Good idea! (shoves another hand full in his pocket)

YOUTH PASTOR: So...yeah...what have you been doing lately?

TOMMY: Oh! That reminds me! I came in here to tell you I have good news. I'm going to start coming to your youth group.

YOUTH PASTOR: Well that's great, but I thought you had scouts.

TOMMY: Well, we did have it, but then at our camp out last month our scout master's tent got set on fire when Billy was trying to roast marshmallows, and he tried to blame it on me because I was on "fire bucket" duty, but I had already used the water to put out the dead raccoon that we threw in the fire because it really started to smell when it burned, and when we got home my mom said he was quitting because he had a nervous break down or something. But like I said, now I am going to come to your youth group and next week I may bring Billy.

YOUTH PASTOR: ....

No comments:

Post a Comment