Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Return of Tommy (Part 2)




If you haven't gotten the pleasure of reading our first encounter with Tommy meet him here, and then read the first part of today's ongoing conversation here.

TOMMY: So yeah, I want to come but my mom said I should ask you if I need to bring anything.

YOUTH PASTOR: Uhh...umm...well we encourage all students to bring a Bible with them for our study time, and you probably want to wear tennis shoes instead of flip flops when we do active games.

TOMMY: I can do that. I have my bible from AWANAs's and I never wear flip flops anyways, may mom says my feat smell so bad that if i want to wear my Birkenstocks I have to wear them with socks and then I have to leave my sneakers out in the garage.

YOUTH PASTOR: Hmm...well that's nothing to be ashamed of.

TOMMY: Well I don't know what my mom is talking about, but really I think if you want to know who has got smelly feet, it's Billy.

YOUTH PASTOR: So who is Billy? Does his family go to church here too?

TOMMY:No, he is my friend from scouts. His family doesn't go to church. I think it's because they live out of town on a farm. But my mom says I should invite him to youth group because it would be good for him.

YOUTH PASTOR: (a little bewildered by previous statement) So...this farm, is it really far away or something?

TOMMY: No, its just like 10 minutes down the road from our house.

YOUTH PASTOR: Then why...you know what, I will just ask your mom later when she drops you off for youth group this week.

TOMMY: (poking through all of the items on your shelf and stuffing more candy in his mouth) So what are you doing here today?

YOUTH PASTOR: Well I am here everyday usually.

TOMMY: Really! Like you work here?

YOUTH PASTOR: Yeah? Why, did you think I did something else?
TOMMY: Well I was up here on Monday with my mom dropping off some stuff for the Women's Group Rummage Sale and I looked around for you and you weren't here, so I thought you must have a real job somewhere.

YOUTH PASTOR: ...

TOMMY: OH, GUESS WHAT! I just got the demo for Modern Warcraft 5: Mercenaries of Madness!

YOUTH PASTOR: Oh, you know what Tommy? I have to finish up my lesson for tomorrow night before a meeting I have to go to here in a little bit. How about you tell me about that another time...


Stay tuned next week for my adventures with Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment