Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Prayer Request for Strength and More




Although I have covered some ministry "blahs" in the last few weeks on this blog, I must admit that I am not currently dealing with the aftermath of loosing my job, a church leader on my back, or a letter from a concerned parent (but I haven't checked my inbox yet, so we will have to wait and see).

What I am dealing with right now is some financial worries. Worries that I know can be cared for by God. Daily I am praying for discernment and God's peace in this situation, as well as the money that we need. And when I am praying for this I feel I am asking in the right way, like Agur did in Proverbs 30:7-9 by asking “give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." I want to maintain my faith in allowing God to provide, and I never want to forget Him. I know this prayer is where my heart needs to be, but it is still hard.

As the Bible says, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).Today I reach out to all of you asking for prayer because as youth workers you know what its like to be under financial burdens. I ask for a double portion of the peace of God's Spirit for my family, discernment on what avenues to pursue in seeking help, and of course for the miraculous work that only God can do to provide all the things (including money) that my family needs right now.

As I count my blessings I remember that I have one of the best jobs in the world, and that is partly because of my"co-workers" who can truly be supportive in these struggles. Please keep my family in your prayers, we need them.

Thanks for reading, and looking forward to some lighter content for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment