Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where It All Started...


Youth ministers have the most unique job in the world. I mean what other occupation can you make 800 water balloons and talk to a kid about their parent’s divorce in the same day? That uniqueness brought about a Twitter project (https://twitter.com/YMBAYP) a couple of years ago, which is now giving birth to this blog. Today I thought I would let you see some of my favorite “You Might Be a Youth Pastor” jokes, and give you the opportunity to share some of your own.

Just to give credit where it is due, all of my jokes where ignited by a friend of mine (Chad Carter), who made up this gem one day…

If you don't carry anointing oil because the foreheads of those you pray for have their own supply, you might be a youth pastor.”

Maybe it’s not as funny to you, but it had me laughing, and pretty soon it had me inspired to bring smiles to other youth workers faces via a little observational humor. Over the course of a couple of years I feel like I’ve had some good ones, some bad ones, and some indifferent ones. I’m not going to say the following list is the hit parade, but they are some of my personal favorites. So enjoy!

10.) If you have ever dubbed a car wash fundraiser as an "Auto Baptism"…

9.) If you have ever told a van full of kids to get out and push…

8.) If you have trained your brain to automatically execute the side hug…

7.) If the word "progressive" makes you think of dinners instead of ideas…

6.) If you use only one club when you take clients out to golf…

5.) If you have ever told a 6th grader that jumping in the lake doesn't constitute as a shower…

4.) If you have ever started a lesson by saying, "Does everyone know what a eunuch is?"…

3.) If you go to Starbucks with your boss and he orders coffee while you get a chai tea latte..

2.) If you grow facial hair to impress those who can't…

1.) If you stylishly spike your hair despite your receding hairline…#YouMightBeAYouthPastor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment